Whenever you get something that needs to be improved upon, the best thing to do is strip it down and rebuild it, which is exactly
what I did for the BTTF prop car. The finish of the car was really dirty and scratched up, paint peeling, etc. With all the components off the car, I started reworking the frame of the
vehicle since it was really flimsy. Most of the original wooden underbody structure
was replaced by a partial DeLorean fiberglass underbody
that was removed/trimmed down from an engine fire car. I began putting together the hover conversion wheels, and painting the
exterior of the car and windows.